Thursday, March 31, 2016

First "Blogger of the Month"

Hello everyone! So to end the month of March I have decided to share a fun little thing I want to continue doing from this moment on. I would like to present a new feature that I will be doing every month. 

It basically works the same way as my "Author of the Month", but instead of an author, it's a blogger. This little feature will be called
"Blogger of the Month" 
 and it will consist of a post that includes an interview with the chosen blogger, along with featuring them in my sidebar for that entire month. 

I hope you guys are excited, because I am very excited to be sharing this. I have already done some interviews with some bloggers and it has been a lot of fun getting to see their responses and learning new things about them.

April's Blogger: Nori



About the Blogger



Nori Horvitz is a book blogger over at ReadWriteLove28, beta reader, and aspiring author. She has been blogging since 2015 and is the creater/host of the popular twitter chat #RQWN. She is also the organizer of Bookitcon, a charity book event that took place in 2015. She is currently organizing Bookitcon: Chapter Two which will be taking place on August 7, 2016!
Connect with her through: 

PinterestBloglovin'InstagramTwitterGoodreads


Interview with Nori
Sabrina: **Stands up to shake hands** Greetings Nori! It is a great pleasure to have you as my first blogger of the month.
Nori: Why hello there Sabrina! I’m honored to be here. :)


Sabrina: Why don’t we start off this interview with you telling us a little bit about yourself?--Such as your likes and interests.
Nori: Ack you’re already stumping me! This is always the hardest question for me to answer. Hmmm well as you know, I love dogs, especially my poodle, Ellie Mae. My favorite color is purple. When I’m not reading a book, I’m generally playing with my dog, surfing the internet, or doing miscellaneous blog tasks! 

Sabrina: Since this is an interview focused on your blogging career, how did you decide that you wanted to take up blogging?
Nori: It’s a funny story actually. I had wanted to start blogging a while before I actually started, but it was originally going to be a lifestyle blog, where reviewing books was just one part of the blog. But, when I was hand sketching my ideas, I realized that there was a heavy focus on books throughout the layout, and then I decided...why not just make it a book blog? 

Sabrina: Which five blogs to you actively enjoy visiting and checking up on their posts?
Nori: Oh my gosh you’re only allowing me to pick five blogs? That should be illegal! I might cheat a little bit with this question ;) 
Sabrina: What is your favourite post to write and share?
Nori: Hmmmm that’s a tough one. I guess I would have to say that I LOVED writing my Basics of Book Blogging feature. It lasted for 15 days and had helpful tips + links to just about everything you need to know about book blogging ;) 

Sabrina: Where did the idea of your twitter chat RQWN come from and how long ago did it start?
Nori: Haha oh RQWN. It originally started one night (I forget exactly when- maybe Spring 2015?) when I was awake around midnight and was bored. I decided to have Twitter entertain me, and so I asked- “Is anyone interested in answering some random questions?” After a couple of minutes, a handful of people said yes, and so I started asking questions. At the end of the night, people were really happy and told me that I should do it again, and so...RQWN was born. :)

Sabrina: How do you come up with all the questions for RQWN?
Nori: This is actually a secret- but I NEVER come up with the questions ahead of time! They are all spur of the moment. :D 

Sabrina: How long have you been blogging and apart of the bookish community?
Nori: I started blogging in July of 2015. I guess I would say that I officially entered the bookish community a couple of months later, when I started interacting with other bloggers on Twitter.

Sabrina: What’s a book that you recently read that you would recommend?
Nori: SO MANY! But, the most recent 5 star read would have to be...THE SERPENT KING BY JEFF ZENTNER! My review will be live on my blog soon!

Sabrina: What books are you eagerly awaiting to release this year?
Nori: SO SO SO SO SO MANY!!! I guess I’ll mention some of the books that don’t have much hype just to keep things interesting. ;) 
Glitter by Aprilynne Pike
Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley
The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee
The Amateurs by Sara Shepard
Bound by Blood and Sand by Becky Allen

Sabrina: What is one random thing about yourself that you wish to share? Kind of like a hidden talent.
Nori: I’m actually a speed reader! My most recent claim to fame is that I read A Drop of Night (a 450 page book) in one hour! :)


Sabrina: Thank you so much Nori for being my first blogger of the month. It has been so much fun interviewing you, and thank you for being such a big part of the book blogging community.  I can’t wait for all the future RQWN.
Nori: Thank YOU Sabrina! This was so much fun!

That concludes my first "Blogger of the Month". I must thank Nori again for agreeing to partake and basically be my first Guinea pig. This was so much fun, and I can't wait to interview more bloggers in the future to come.

4 comments:

Eve said...

This is such a cool idea! Great interview so much fun!

Unknown said...

This was so much fun to read! Also such a fun idea! Looking forward to reading more! :)

AWriterNamedCharley said...

How do you get to do this? It seems amazing getting to know all these awesome bloggers I've always looked up to! (Especially Nori!)

Sabrina said...

It's been quite fun! I have multiply bloggers so far, and it's always a blast to hear more about them