Thursday, January 14, 2016

LL & A's Monthly book tag

Welcome back to Alexis from I'M MAD FOR BOOKS, LUV and mine monthly book tag.

Every month we thought it would be fun to come up with a theme and to go along with that chosen theme, a tag. However it wouldn't be just your average tag, the questions would relate to books which in the end will also relate back to our theme for that month. So I guess you could call it a book tag.
To see the officially launch page click here 

We welcome anyone to join. If you do participate, we ask that you notify one of us via My Twitter or Alexis's Twitter, or by commenting on either of our posts with the link to how you did this book tag. In doing so it allows us to add the link to your book tag to that months book tag post on our blogs. We also ask that you somehow link back to us as well.
..................................................... 
 This Months theme is:
New Year, New Books



~Questions~


1. What is one book that you want to read but doesn't come out for a while?
A.G Howard’s book Roseblood that isn’t set to come out until January 2017. The book sounds so amazing AND Howard has a talent for writing.

2. Which book that has been on your TBR for a year or more?
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laine Taylor. It has not only been on my TBR for longer than a year, I am positive that it has been sitting on my shelf for a really long time as well.

3. What genre do you want to start reading more of?
I really want to branch off from my YA comfort and start reading more classic novels. I also want to get back into historical fiction books; fantasy has been consuming my reading as of late.

4. If you could interview one author this year, who would you want it be?
I have already had the honour of interviewing so many amazing and talented authors. I do however think that it would be a really cool opportunity to interview Maggie Stiefvater. Not only have I read ALL of her books, I admire the fan art she puts out. She also seems like a well-rounded person, who has a nice sense of humour.

5. Which sequel that releases this year are you looking forward to the most?
CROOKED KINGDOM by LEIGH BARDUGO
It is the sequel to Six of Crows, and I am super excited to read this book.

6. Who are two debut authors’ that you can’t wait to start reading books from?
Riley Redgate with her book SevenWays We Lie & Evelyn Skye’s book TheCrown’s Game

7. If you were allowed one ARC this year, what book would you choose?
IF I COULD HAVE ONE ARC… I would choose Elise Kova’s Fourth book in the Air Awakens series, it’s not even titled and the third book isn’t out. However Earth’s End (book 3) comes out February 11th and I will definitely want book 4 right away ~OR~ maybe I would want book 5 as an ARC… one can dream, can’t they?

8. What was your favourite gift you received over the holidays?
This Christmas one highlighted gift was receiving a set of Tarot cards and a book that was included giving instructions on how to use them. I have been obsessed with the art of those cards for a long time and I guess someone was listening. 

9. What is your favourite character from a book you've recently read and why are they your favorite?
As of right now, my favourite character would have to be Bastien from Thief of Lies {Library Jumpers #1} by Brenda Drake. He is not only full of complete swoon worthy looks; he has brilliant traits as well. I also really enjoyed reading all the scenes between him and the main character Gia. It was never a dull moment reading a part that contained him.

10. What was your first read of 2016?
My first read of 2016 was The Prophecy of Shadows, the first book in the Elementals series by Michelle Madow.

No comments: