Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesdays #10

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. 

Where every Tuesday is a different bookish topic and us bloggers choose the top ten.

 

Topic for this week is: Top Ten Quotes I loved from Books I read in the past year

 In no particular order:

1) “Kaz leaned back. "What's the easiest way to steal a man's wallet?"
"Knife to the throat?" asked Inej.
"Gun to the back?" said Jesper.
"Poison in his cup?" suggested Nina.
"You're all horrible," said Matthias.”
Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows"

2)“My words are unerring tools of
destruction, and I’ve come unequipped with the ability to disarm them.”
Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys  

3) “If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If we were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one.”
Michelle Hodkin, The Evolution of Mara Dyer  

4) “Maybe that was how it was with all first loves. They own a little piece of your heart, always.”
Jenny Han, We'll Always Have Summer  

5) “Books are more real when you read them outside.”
Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver  

6) “Remember my name. Because I'm going to be the one who kills you.”
Amanda Hocking, Frostfire  

7) “Every Samurai uses circumstances to his advantage, right? Don't play by the rules. Use your foreigner status to cheat your way out of trouble."
"One, we're not samurai. Two, don't samurai have an honor code or something?"
Tomo paused, scanning the buildings. "Oh yeah," he said. "I was thinking pirates.”
Amanda Sun, Storm  

8) “It can take years to mold a dream. It takes only a fraction of a second for it to be shattered.”
Mary E. Pearson, The Kiss of Deception  

9)  “I want a place you hardly dare to even whisper. I want the bravery to not only read, but to do. I want a man, not a library boy. A man who is tall and witty and knows more about the world than you would ever dare dream.”
Elise Kova, Air Awakens  

10) “Roses are red
Violets are blue
Be very afraid
We're coming for you.”
Gena Showalter, The Queen of Zombie Hearts  
  
....
I had to include this last one because it was just too funny not to include

11)“Roses are red, violets are blue, I have five fingers, the middle one is for you.”
Gena Showalter,
The Queen of Zombie Hearts

 Are any of these your favourite quotes? Have you read any of these books? What's you favourite quotes?

No comments: